Working in social media is exciting AF, but it’s not for everyone! To excel in this field, you need to be quick witted, adaptable and lovable. Contrary to common belief, just because you work in social media, doesn’t mean you’re actually that much of a social butterfly IRL. Yet, you could really be the life of any party!
1. First thing you do in the morning is check your notifications.
Before even getting out of bed.
2. Your parents and grandparents don’t understand your job.
“We’re glad you’re having fun, but when are you going to get a real job?”
3. Your friends think you have the easiest job in the world.
“Dude how are you even tired? You get paid for posting things online….”
4. But they still come to you for caption advice.
It happens every time.
5. You know every random holiday there is.
International Cat Day is on August 8th!
6. You find yourself captioning actual real-life situations.
You could be stuck in traffic and come up with some caption, or looking at a delicious burger and feel the need to describe it.
7. You barely post on your own social media anymore because you’re too busy with your clients’ accounts.
It’s a tragedy.
8. You browse (cyber-stalk) other profiles for inspiration or to judge.
You try to be a trend-setter, but come on, admit that you’ve done this.
9. And you judge other brands’ social media, harshly.
10. You’re biggest fear is posting with a typo … oops YOUR*
You also judge them^ for poor grammar…
11. You hate low battery and do everything to avoid it.
If your phone is not in your hands, it’s in the plug! But external chargers are life!